Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Britty!


It seems like a lifetime ago that you were born; however, I can remember it as if it were yesterday.


Twenty two years ago today you entered our lives and changed us forever.  Two college kids could never guess how much until the day you arrived. 


Your presence created a family, gave us reason to strive to be our best and opened our hearts to a love only a parent can explain.


You were the best little girl parents could ask for, inquisitive and bright with a compassionate heart full of love. 







I can still remember how adorable you were reading Eric Carle's "The Hungry Caterpillar" at the age of three with that Boston accent we could never account for.  I was sure you were a genius...still think so today! 

 




Then, when Megan was born you became the best big sister to your little "Ducky" and a great bond developed that I have treasured watching grow over the years.  






You went from a little girl,




to a teenager ,









to a twenty-something in a flash!





You have grown into a caring, beautiful woman whose desire to make a difference in this crazy world we live in makes us so very proud. We are so lucky to be your parents and have someone so special in our lives.  No matter what you choose to do in the years ahead, we will be there to support you and cheer you on every step of the way.  We love you so much...Happy Birthday Britty. 

4 comments:

  1. I love you mommy :) That picture of Pinkleaf made me sad but I'm happy I have it. I love you and that was better then any card could ever be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ... and you picked some bad pictures of me, there are WAY better recent pictures then those. But I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too...and I think all the pictures are great but if you have some better ones, send them to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Britty! What a gorgeous girl/woman! You must be so proud! -Delores

    ReplyDelete