Last fall my mother, the girls and I all attended the annual Scarecrow Festival in Chappell Hill, Texas. Chapplle Hill is a small town between Houston and Brenham. In addition to the Scarecrow festival, there is a Bluebonnet Festival held each spring. During the weekends of the festivals the one main street that goes through Chappell Hill and several side streets all close down. A variety of vendors from all over the country spill into this tiny community and fill the streets and surrounding open fields. You can find all kinds of neat stuff ranging from arts and crafts, antiques, home décor, clothes, purses, artwork and a whole variety of festival food. I have even talked my husband into coming along in the past with the fact that he could walk around while enjoying a sausage on a stick and a cold beer. There's definitely something for almost anyone! Another neat thing about this little town is that many of the homes are on the National Register of Historic Places. Here are just a few you'll finding strolling the streets of Chappell Hill:
I would love to just have a peek inside!
This is a bed and breakfast called The Stagecoach Inn. I need to convince my husband to spend a night here...
I've never pictured myself living in a small town, however every time I go back I find a house that would be the perfect place to quietly reside.
There is also a beautiful church in the center of town. It's a popular place for weddings...can you see why?
One of my favorite places is a quaint little shop on main street called The Bluebonnet House and Garden Center.
Why is this a favorite shop of mine? Well, they sell what I have found to be the best smelling candle ever made by a company called Candleberry!
Every time we visit Chappell Hill I have to stop in and buy my favorite scent, Hot Maple Toddy. My husband spoiled me and ordered me a cookie jar one for Christmas, it's enormous!
This should last until we go back this spring!
I hope you enjoyed a glimpse of this tiny town with a huge heart. If you live in the Houston area and love small town festivals, then when the weather warms and spring rolls around I would highly recommend swinging by for the Bluebonnet festival. You’ll not only enjoy a fun day of browsing through all the booths and taking in the small town atmosphere, you’ll also enjoy some beautiful scenery on the way!












How I'd love to see a field of Texas Bluebonnets!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures make me remember (and long for) a front porch.
Lovely photos, and those bluebonnets are just gorgeous! I enjoyed your photos.
ReplyDeleteWow Anita! I would love to walk the sidewalks of this pretty little town! The houses you photographed are just the ones I'd LOVE to take a peek inside, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and saying "hi!"
~Jean
What a great tour.
ReplyDeleteI too live in Texas- deep South Texas, and I am a retired English teacher.
Yes, teaching does keep you busy, but there is always time to explore.
I enjoyed visiting,
Laura