Sunday, January 17, 2010

Goodbye Again

Brit is back in College Station.  Meg rode along with her yesterday while my mom and I followed.   Two cars full of stuff she insisted she needed at her apartment.  The one good thing about driving to College Station is that it's only about an hour and a half from where we live.  After unloading the cars and helping her organize a few things we all went to dinner and then it was time to say goodbye.   Goodbye is so hard, which I'm sure is why my husband opted to stay home with our senior dog Maddie.  It was more bittersweet than usual since she will be staying in College Station until she graduates next December.  I will miss her... 


So Brit leaving means Milo is gone as well.  He became my lap dog over the holidays.  This is him sitting on my lap while I watched the movie "Julie and Julia" on a chilly, December morning before anyone else was up.  We were early morning buddies over the holidays.  I'll miss him too but I know how much he keeps Brit company when she's away from home.


She's only been gone a day and I already find myself reminiscing about the time she was here with all of us. It's hard to believe that Meg will be going off to college next fall as well. Where did the time go? At least we have memories and pictures to capture these precious moments in time. The girls have always been close but I've had the joy of watching them go from "just sisters" to truly best friends. Their time together this past month has been really special.


One night during the Christmas holiday they stayed up late and made gingerbread cookies together. How sweet is that? We were already asleep but woke to a bunch of these adorable guys and surprisingly no mess in the kitchen! Brit's boyfriend snapped the picture above of them in the middle of the gingerbread making. Thanks Adam!




2 comments:

  1. Life's seasons are often bittersweet, but I try to learn something from them all. Hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom never liked it when we went back to school. I have 2 sisters that graduated from A&M, I went to Tech and my oldest sis went to UT. Come to think of it, my mom cried when my youngest sister left for A&M. She cried when she came home and moved in too! haha. She's 25 and doesn't look to be leaving ANY time soon!

    ReplyDelete