Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trust in the Lord ~ Anonymous

The wind's not always at our back,
The sky is not always blue.
Sometimes we crave the things we lack,
And don't know what to do.


Sometimes life's an uphill ride,
With mountains we must climb.
At times the river's deep and wide,
And crossing takes some time.



No one said that life is easy,
There are no guarantees.
So Trust in the Lord continually,
On calm or stormy seas.




The challenges we face today,
Prepares us for tomorrow.
For faith takes our fears away,
And peace replaces sorrow.



A friend and fellow teacher just received news that the cervical cancer she was recently diagnosed with is considered invasive and she will need a radical hysterectomy. She is the woman in her mid-thirties, mother of two young children and the picture of health. To say it took all of us by surprise is an understatement. Her optimistic attitude, however, in the shadow of this disease and its severity is remarkable. I searched the Internet to find something inspiring to lift her spirits in the weeks ahead and found this poem. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, however it touched me and I thought it was worth sharing. I'm guilty of asking "why?" when good people are thrown unexpected curves in their lives. I think this poem reminds us, or at least me, that there are no answers but if we trust in God we will get through the obstacles we face. Have a blessed Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful verse and poetry to go with it. Thanks for sharing
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a friend die last month of cancer. She had only found out about it in June. Her faith remained very strong (she was 42). God made his presence particularly felt and know to her during this time and it enabled her to face her death with peace and joy. As a last request she asked her family to have a birthday party for her right after the funeral to celebrate her new life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly a beautiful and comforting poem. The pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! The pictures are outstanding. A very meaningful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem and just as beautiful pictures to go with it. I think that there are times when we are all quily of asking why.
    God Bless you and your friend,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures and the poem are both so lovely. Yes, I agree sometimes it is just so hard to understand why some things happen. I always end up thinking..because we don't know the end of every story or situation and He does. Have a wonderful week. Blessings to you and your friend, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, hello I am Yoli from south Texas and I come here through Spirtual Sundays. I just paused to pray for your friend and her family & friends. I will contine to keep her in my prayers. Thank you for sharing the poem. ~ Yoli

    ReplyDelete