Monday, November 16, 2009

Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle


I recently tried this yummy dessert for the first time at a committee meeting at the school I teach at. Not having much of a sweet tooth, I tried a little and have to admit went back for seconds (and wanted thirds). My friend Kelly, who made this delicious concoction, told me it was an easy recipe from Pampered Chef and gave me a copy of it. I have to admit that I'm not much of a baker but after looking over the recipe I felt it was something that even I could do.


Here's what you need:
1 package brownie mix
1 3/4 cups cold milk
2 packages white chocolate instant pudding
1/4 cup warm water
4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars


Directions:
1. Lightly spray 9" X 13" baking dish with vegetable oil. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to cake-like package directions. Cool completely.
2. Whisk pudding mix into milk until mixture begins to thicken. Dissolve coffee granules in warm water; add to pudding mixture, mixing well. Fold in whipped topping.
3. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes. Chop toffee bars. Layer 1/3 of brownie cubes onto bottom of trifle bowl.
4. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture, pressing lightly, and 1/3 of shopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. Chill 30 minutes before serving.


I love how the dessert looks and thought it would be neat to make individual servings. So I found small individual trifle bowls at Crate&Barrel for only $12.95 for a set. I think I might order some and try this delicious dessert on a smaller scale!  For more delicious recipes, hop back over to Foodie Friday hosted by Designs by Gollum.

8 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Heavens. It's love in a trifle, lol!!! I will have to make that...

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not only beautiful but sounds so good.
    Chocolate anything is delicious! Thanks for sharing this fantastic recipe.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully delicious and don't even think about calories...just enjoy! Thanks for sharing and have a great Foodie Friday! (Come see my Norwegian Fruit Bread recipe.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what to say...this is heavenly :-) I am willing to workout really hard for a several days to enjoy something this yummy and beautiful. Can you tell I love chocolate? :-) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great temptation. It really looks delicious and your photo of it is terrific. I love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great to me! I am not such a cake person. Trifle is perfect...cake meets pie :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks AWESOME!!! I love chocolate.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy.Its mouthwatering cake. My wife made cake yesterday, it was so nice and even my kids liked it. No leftovers.

    dsi r4

    ReplyDelete