It's hard to believe that Halloween has already come and gone! One of our favorite things to do each fall is to attend the Scarecrow Festival. We met Brittany there after she took the LSAT a couple of weeks ago.
Nothing better than spending a nice fall day in a small Texas town. The weather was beautiful! Below are some of just the few adorable scarecrows for sale.
While in town I had to stop by my favorite store where I found the best candles in world made by The Candleberry Company. The huge cookie jar candle Richard bought me last Christmas in my favorite scent (Hot Maple Toddy) will probably last well into next year.
Main street is very cute and you can find plenty to eat along the way. We stopped at the Fire House, the real fire station for the town for some Barbecue.
Richard was in charge of ordering and brought me a yummy brisket sandwich with a refreshing beverage.
It was good and I could have eaten several!
More views on the downtown and the quaint buildings.
I would love to start our own pickling business like "Brittle Time" has. How much fun would that be!!!! I have to say our pickles did turn out fabulous, even the girls loved them.
It was a warm Texas fall day and we found a place to sit and rest in the shade next to the local Baptist church.
The office had free books for the taking...
The church in the center of town is very pretty and traditional...
Britty met us since Chappell Hill which is not too far from College Station. I was so happy to see her and Milo.
What's great about the Scarecrow festival is that you can get very unique items like cacti shaped like your favorite pet.
I found a cute scarecrow to bring home who now resides on my entryway bench and...
a new quilt for our bed, both gifts from my mother for my birthday which just happens to be in October as well.
On our way home, we stopped at Chappell Hill Sausage.
I find it incredible that this small town company supplies all the Houston area and the entire state of Texas with their great products.
Richard took the pictures below...
He enjoyed looking around and of course had to buy something.
We bought a cooler and some goodies and headed home after a great day!

What a fun post!!! Loved all your cheerful photos and the cute furbaby!!! Have a wonderful week!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun festival!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to meet another Texas Gal here on Mosaic Monday! I've never been to Chapel Hill and their Scarecrow Festival, but if I'm ever in that area, I will definately stop in to see all the Historic buildings. Thanks for the fantastic Tour with your great photos. Chapel Hill reminds me a bit of another small town here in West Texas called Stanton...they have a festival of sorts called Old Sorehead Trade Days.
ReplyDeletelooks like a really amazing time. What a fantastic festival! Love those cool cacti! I enjoyed your photo's!
ReplyDeleteLovely tour and photos. The scarecrows are cute. I love the one you bought and the cute little doggie.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mosaic Monday! I enjoyed looking at all your photos and learning about Chappell Hill, TX. I would love to try those pickled quail eggs someday. The scarecrow festival looked like fun!
ReplyDelete