Last Friday I attended Lady Tiger Football Camp with Pam, a friend whose daughter is also attending LSU this fall with Meg. With Brittany at Texas A&M for the past four years, I have always considered myself an Aggie so it was a little weird to be in Baton Rouge at a football camp with somewhat fanatical Tiger moms. However, I put aside my loyalty to A&M for a day and had some fun! Besides, Meg will soon be a LSU Tiger so I am going to have to be a fan of them too!
After a day of meeting coaches, players and some new friends we headed to New Orleans with our husbands to spend the night at their oldest daughter's condo in the Garden District.
The Garden District of New Orleans is one of the most beautiful places I have been.
The streets are lined with huge, gorgeous trees and stunning homes.
It's pretty standard to find homes with large front porches, gorgeous pillars, and decorative rod iron.
The friends we were with built a house in Texas that is a perfect replica of the above home.
After a little tour of the area we had a delicious dinner at Jacques- Imo's. A two hour wait but well worth it.
This truck sits in front of the restaurant and apparently you can actually dine at the table in the back!
New Orleans truly is a city that doesn't sleep so after dinner we headed to the French Quarter and ended up at the dueling piano bar at Pat O’Brien’s.
After an evening of fun that lasted longer than a normal night out, we all woke feeling tired and a little queasy. A muffaletta from Magazine Po-Boy Sandwich shop was just what I needed.
We also visited later that day a little English pub called the Bulldog for a drink before heading to the Quarter.
Beignets at Cafe du Monde is a definite must in New Orleans.
We also did a little window shopping on Royal Street.
Before having dinner at the Acme Oyster House.
We headed home on Sunday after a great time in the Big Easy. I think Richard and I will need to go back next month after we drop Meg off at LSU to either celebrate or drown our sorrows...













No comments:
Post a Comment