Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Spruce Up ~ Front Porch


I noticed this past week while working in the yard that our front porch was looking a little bare and in need of some TLC.  So, this weekend, despite the rainy weather, I started a plan to spruce it up and add some touches to make it more welcoming.

(The view from our front porch)

I started with a little necessary cleaning.


Then repainted our metal doormat from white to black.




As I posted before, I made a wreath from my Easter centerpiece to go on our door.  I bought the wreath hanger for $2 at Wal-Mart.


Every porch needs some flowers so I made a quick stop to Home Depot and found these.






 The pot I put this little plant in was another purchase from
Wal-Mart for $10.



So our front porch went from this...


to this...


More inviting, don't you think!

8 comments:

  1. The color black can really define a design. It looks marvelous!

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice redo and not costly. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a difference. Lovely! And I love that bicycle plant holder....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your DIY transformation. And the photograph of the front door created a beautiful reflection of your surroundings!

    Lovely mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your entry looks so classy! Congrats on all your hard work...it really paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so nice, especially the painted door mat. Everything looks so inviting.

    Thanks for stoppping by my blog and giving me encouragement to 'hang in there' on my craft room. I know I am spoiled to be getting such a nice room to craft in. Some people have to make do with a closet and the kitchen table. I really need to quit whining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I also like it black.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful make over. I love the black mat especially.

    ReplyDelete